About the Federation
The Hempstead Schools Federation comprises Hempstead Infant and Junior Schools in Gillingham, Kent. Both schools are 3 form-entry schools serving mainly Hempstead and the surrounding area, but with pupils attending the schools from all over the Medway Towns.
Whilst separate schools with their own head teachers and each accountable separately to Ofsted, we have joined under a single governing body as we believe that pupils attending the schools are best served by a joined up approach across the two schools, working as if we are one school.
A Shared Vision
The head teachers of both schools work closely together. They have devised the following shared vision for the federation:
- We both are passionate about developing independent, curious and resourceful ‘learners for life’.
- Whilst instilling high expectations and aspirations for the future of our pupils, we are committed to developing the whole child – developing the interpersonal and life skills that will enable pupils to thrive in the wider community beyond school.
- We believe that both schools are stronger together.
- We believe in creating a close and effective partnership that would lead to both schools working together as if a single school which can only benefit the pupils, staff and parents in our community.
- We believe a single governing body, working alongside both head teachers, will be best placed to set the strategic direction for both schools in the best interests of the pupils who progress from Foundation Stage through Key Stages 1 and 2.
If you would like to learn more about the two schools, then please follow the links to their separate websites.